Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's a small world, but a there's lots of love out there

This morning, while in one of my university's chapel services, I believe that God had a message for my heart. Standing there in chapel, listening to others sing praise to God, and just standing there, God spoke to me. Let me preface why I wasn't singing (like everyone else) by letting you know why I was doing what I was doing . . .

I read a quote, somewhere along the way, that said to something to the effect of: "Too often, we rush into God's presence with words - but is that all that God is really worthy of, in our lives?"

With that said, I have been doing everything I know how to not rush into God's presence with words, but by worshiping God for all the things He is worthy of. So, there I was . . . standing in chapel, listening to a couple thousand voices singing around me. As all this was going on, I closed my eyes to pray and meditate. During this point, the "worship leader" (who was an older lady) is singing the song Breathe. It's a song that I've heard thousands of times before, but today God spoke softly to my heart, in a way I didn't see coming.

As I was listening, the chorus of the song came around and this is the part of the song that says: "I'm desperate for you" and this repeats several times, ultimately leading up to a very intense, emotion-filled moment for everyone. As I was listening to this part, I heard such a beautiful voice standing next to me - singing her heart out to God. She wasn't loud at all, in fact, she was very quiet about the way she was singing. . . but I could tell that she was literally pouring her heart out on the altar of worship, before the Lord. This is the moment when God's revelation hit me so hard! I could literally feel him moving in, through, and all over today's chapel service! God was audibly speaking to the hearts of thousands of people, and He took the time to individually speak to me. . . how awesome is the God we serve?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment