Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The simpler things

So . . .I'm sitting at work, thinking about the list that we were to compile about the 10 most important things in our lives. I am reminded that I won't have these things forever, and I thought it would be good to let you know what I think is important (in my life). Here is that list, in case you were wondering (And yes, it is in random order, just because I can):

# 3 - My Friends

I have absolutely no idea where I would be in my life without the A-M-A-ZING people that mean so much to me. There have been so many times that I have been able to laugh, smile, and have the best of times around each one of you. My heart is overjoyed when I think of each individual person that has graced my life with their friendship. How thankful that I am to know each person in my life, as well as I do, because friendship is something that I have never taken very lightly. I know there are lots of days when I am not at the peak of my friendliness, but I would more than be overjoyed to sit and listen to ANYTHING that you have or want to say. If I had anything that I would want to tell people, it would be to come and sit a while . . . and simply talk. I would love to listen to your stories about life, however tough, amazing, sorrowful, or joyous that it has been for you. In all of that, I was saying this . . .

"Thank you for being my friend. Yes, to each of you that is reading this. I can't thank you for all the smiles, the hugs, the words of encouragement, the love, and - sometimes - the swift kick in the butt (when I needed it). We have been through so much together, and I think those of you will know who you are. You remind me of who I am, and the man that I want to be. I simply don't know where I would be without the reminder of your friendship that is brought new each morning. Thanks for being there - through all the times that I thought I could do it on my own and whatnot. I am truly blessed! If all I know was taken from me, I would be blessed for having your friendship in my life. I couldn't ever say it enough . . . . . . Thank You!"


With all that said, here's a little side note:
To love, to live. . . was the purpose we were given when we were created. Our conception was no mistake . . . and we must live in a manner that is worthy of that calling. As simple as it is, it's very hard for each of us to do, consistently, on a daily basis. Love, laugh, live . . . that's the saying that I have seen all over the internet, especially on girls' facebooks!!! As funny as it may seem, there is an inherent truth to the matter. Created to love, living to love, dying for love - that's what my Savior did. This is the calling I was given when I was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment